Client: Truven Health Analytics
- Worked on HIE Advantage Analytics, an SaaS platform that uses Healthcare Information Exchange (HIE) data to answer questions about complex clinical situations. More...
Truven Health Analytics Engagement Details
- Formerly Thomson-Reuters Healthcare. Sold in June 2012 for $1.25 bil.
- Create rich, intuitive, high-touch Ajax user interfaces and reusable widgets for CareDiscovery, a Business Intelligence tool for the Healthcare Industry.
- Create servlet- and portal-based enterprise web applications for IBM Websphere Portal 5, Tomcat 6 & Glassfish in mixed JEE 6 and J2EE 1.4 environment.
- Practice Agile principles including scrum, 3-week iterations, TDD, Continuous Integration
- Develop SaaS components in Java and Ajax communicating over a JSON-based service bus
- Develop jQuery plugins for reusable UI widgets
- Author PL/SQL queries in Toad that work against a 4 TB Oracle OLAP (Data Warehouse) database, for deployment in Web Services
- Collaborate with the ETL/ Informatica team to determine the necessary data models and UI designs to support Cognos reports.
- Develop Maven plugins and perl scripts to streamline build process
- Work within HIPAA regulations to secure applications and databases using RSA, TAM, and Oracle Proxy Authentication.
- Break down business requirements into tightly defined software module specifications/estimates & document them on Wiki.
- Write functional prototypes of web interfaces using JSON to simulate Server layer
- Develop portal applications for IBM Websphere Portal Server and deploy with WPS Admin
- Helped transition team from waterfall to agile approach by introducing Maven2, Artifactory Repository Server, Hudson Continuous Integration, Mercurial source control and TDD practices.
- Other technologies not mentioned above: Eclipse, CVS, Rally, JSP, JSTL, Ant, Firebug, Spring MVC/IOC/JDBC, GWT, Struts 1.2, Tiles